Wednesday 13 January 2010

squinting


squinting, originally uploaded by werewegian.

There are a number of reasons why I've taken to photography but the main one is that I'm a loner. I'm not one for crowds or loud parties or taking part in sports. I observe, mostly on my own.

I'm organising a few photography meet-ups at the moment, partly to try and break this behaviour, but whenever I go to any meeting, there's always a part of me that hopes no-one turns up, or if they do, that they go away again soon. I don't dislike people, I just find it a strain to connect with them. Sometimes I relax and have a good time in spite of these problems. Sometimes I don't.

Which is why I'm here in this picture waving to myself, taking the shot with a toy camera while trying to keep warm in freezing temperatures and trying to keep my footing on black ice. On my own. Squinting at my shadow on the squinty bridge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home