Thursday 7 January 2010

clyde fragment


clyde fragment, originally uploaded by werewegian.

Fragment of ceramic found on the shore by Alan while I was photographing the Clyde at Port Glasgow earlier in the week. Not sure what it's from or even if it's all that old, but an interesting item to add to the occasional table

One of the subjects I studied at University was Archaeology, although I was never that mad for studying fragments of the past. Stone circles, ancient temples, the places where historical events occurred fired my interest. Perhaps I was more a student of history than a discoverer of the minutiae of daily life, who knows?

Still I'm intrigued by this fragment. Prince D.L & Co reads the stamp. Tile? Toilet bowl? :)



Since posting I've been sent a link that suggests this was made by David Lockhart and Sons of Pollockshaws.

National Museums of Scotland

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home