Friday 8 January 2010

relative time


relative time, originally uploaded by werewegian.

This watch with a caricature of Albert Einstein by Steven Cragg, was a Christmas present given to me by Alan in the early 90s. It was made by Largely Literary Designs, Inc - no longer in production I think.

I don't wear a watch any more even when I'm getting dressed up. (I'm wearing this one solely for the photograph)

I spent too many years commuting, fretting every time the train or bus was 10 minutes late, checking my watch twenty times every journey. In the end I decided it didn't matter how long it took to go from A to B by public transport, you arrive at your destination at the same time whether you know how long the journey takes or not.

If I must know the time, of course, I can check my phone so I'm unlikely to be late for a precisely timed meeting. But like this watch I prefer to make arrangements on a more casual basis. Dinner at 7ish sounds fine to me. :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Larry said...

Dear sir,

I love your watch, in fact I have one just like it and I was wondering if you knew how much they are worth. I have searched the internet and yours is the only example of said time piece I can find. If you can let me know I would appreciate it.


Thanks,

Larry-ish

4 December 2010 at 01:43  
Blogger carocuentera said...

i speak english little beat, but I bougth this watch in USA in 95 or 96 , now i want to have it again, but i dont know how!!!
Hola soy aficionada a este reloj, lo compre en estado sunidos en el 95 o 96 y quisera volver a tenerlo!!!
lo felicito!!!

21 November 2011 at 22:32  
Blogger afantasticfind said...

Hello Carolina,

I hope it is not too late but I have one of these watches that I would like to sell.

For further details my email address is afantasticfind@tiscali.co.uk

Espero que no sea demasiado tarde, pero tengo uno de estos relojes que me gustaría vender. Para más detalles de mi dirección de correo electrónico es afantasticfind@tiscali.co.uk

22 March 2012 at 10:39  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have been looking of the this Einstein ish watch for a really long time and was wondering if you might know where I to buy one? if you could let me know weather you know or not that would be great.
Thanks,
You can email me at issamorex@gmail.com

19 July 2012 at 15:44  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have been looking of the this Einstein ish watch for a really long time and was wondering if you might know where I to buy one? if you could let me know weather you know or not that would be great.
Thanks,
You can email me at issamorex@gmail.com

19 July 2012 at 15:44  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello this is Seth Peterson and I have that watch if you still need one

4 October 2012 at 18:28  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home