Saturday 2 January 2010

money to burns


money to burns, originally uploaded by werewegian.

Not quite at the stage of a tenner a pint but certainly you are getting pushed to get three beers and change for that note.

A crisp Clydesdale Bank tenner celebrating the 250th anniversary of poet Robert Burns' birth in 1759. Sang "Auld Lang Syne" at new year? You've this man to thank for that. One of the World Heritage banknotes produced in Autumn 2009.

I have to admit I'm poor at managing my money. Not that I lose it or have made bad investments, or that I'm ever short, I just have a tendency to fritter it away with little concern for the future. I save but in today's financial climate it's only the debtors the banks are interested in. So it's easy come, easy go at the moment.

You could advise me to be more prudent I guess. I'd rather we wait until the day I'm down on my luck. You can buy me a pint with your £100 note and tell me "I told you so".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home