Tuesday 26 January 2010

haggis


haggis, originally uploaded by werewegian.

I love haggis but rarely eat it as the other Alan can't stand it. Here it's served with the traditional neeps and tatties.

I don't remember having it too often as a child although my Dad did like it, us kids rarely had more than a taste. As an adult I've enjoyed it in the traditional form as well as the more accessible versions - tinned, in slices and even deep-fried from the chip shop. "Posh" restaurants even do their haggis version of chicken kiev, called the Chicken Balmoral.

I had sliced haggis last night which was nice. This is my photograph of the more traditional from Burns Night, 2008, as featured on yesterday's Flickr blog.

http://blog.flickr.net/en/2010/01/25/address-to-a-haggis/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home